Thursday, March 16, 2017

Peepalicious! #Eastercandy #indulgence #MFRWorg #Rssos


Peepalicious

Peeps! Who can resist the cuteness? With Easter around the corner, there's a plethora of bunnies and chicks. I love how their simple shapes look happy. But as for eating them--no. They are a tad sweet for me. HOWEVER: at Christmas I found chocolate covered mint ones. Yeah, that was yummy.

Where do Peeps come from? Peeps are produced by Just Born, a candy manufacturer located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, by Sam Born, who had immigrated from Russia. 

They're flavored in a myriad of flavors--orange, chocolate, vanilla, fruit punch, mystery, and raspberry. They come in the well-known bird shape as well as a bunny and occasionally, special holiday themes like stars, snowmen, eggs, pumpkins, and trees. and in a variety of sizes from small to large.

And there's gifts, too!

One year, my family and my sisters' families gathered for Christmas dinner. Just for fun, I picked up Christmas tree peeps and said make something with this in thirty minutes. The kids participated, but to my surprise, so did Handsome and my brothers in law. There were a lot of giggles. The bell dinged time up and the judges went to work. The winner was Handsome. He'd turned the tree on it's side, added toothpick legs and antlers, making a reindeer.

For Peep fun, go to:  All Things Peep


For more on history, recipes, and indestructability, go to: Wikipedia


Peeps--are you in or out?


The only thing pink Peep I have is the bunny on the insulated cup. However, in my romantic comedy short story, "Raving Beauty," from the Just You and Me boxed set, my heroine wears pink polka-dotted pajamas. Intrigued? Find out more at: Amazon

8 comments:

Angela Adams said...

My mom loves Peeps, but I think they're too cute to chew on (of course, that doesn't stop Mom).

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! I could probably tolerate all the sugar now since the once my sissie gave me are so small. Meanwhile, I'll just look at the cuteness.

Liese said...

I think it's so great they've expanded the flavors and varieties of Peeps! So much fun! The Washington Post used to run a diarama contest using Peeps. Talk about elaborate ideas! One I remember was one with a takeoff on the movie "Up." It was called "Eep!" A huge collection of Peeps making the ballons, Peeps on the ground looking at the floating house, the two main characters (Peeps, of course). I'm sorry they stopped the tradition. It was fun to browse through the entries online.

Thanks for the memories!

Liese

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Liese! I saw some chatter about that. I wish there were peep flowers. That would be cute.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Peeps are not my favorite either but the craft project using them does sound fun.
Great post.
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Melissa Keir said...

I loved them when I was younger. Now, not as much but they are a part of the holiday and so I must have at least one!

All the best with your book!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Melissa! I have a pile of chicks staring me and cant bring myself to eat one. Now, the bag of chocolate stuff....

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Pam! Just saw this post from you. I kept the reindeer for a long while. I probably should have shellacked it.