Thursday, August 02, 2018

Handbags, Books...Whatever guest blogger is author Sheri Levy-Sharing Mom's Handbag #vintageaccessories #readromance #MFRWauthor


I am thrilled to be sharing this special purse. My mother loved purses and shoes. In her day, her shoes had to match her purse. This purse obviously didn’t match any shoes, but I’m sure she had a special outfit to go with this purse and maybe gray shoes?

After Mom’s death, my daughter, daughter-in-law, my sister-in-law and her two daughters joined me in my bedroom. I laid out every purse my mother owned in the middle of my floor. We sat in a circle and each person took a purse of their choice until every purse had a new home.

This was one of her purses that I chose. I love the design and the handle.

Thank you, Vicki for sharing my YA, Trina Ryan Novel series: Seven Days to Goodbye and Starting Over. My main character, Trina, trains service dogs for people with autism, mobility issues and PTSD symptoms. I do all of my research with PAALS.org. trailer: https://vimeo.com/72652612
Seven Days to Goodbye takes place on Edisto Beach. Trina throws a Frisbee and a her trained dog, Sydney, finds the toy and a young boy, Logan, who has autism. Trina discovers Logan has two older brothers. Logan begins to speak during their beach week because of Sydney, and the girls meet guys for the first time.


This novel won in theDog Writer’s of America Association and a Gold medal with Readers Choice. 

Starting Over, is the sequel. Trina learns some of life’s most important lessons: that people are not always what they seem, growing up involves tough choices, and a first crush can be more exciting than ever imagined. 


Dogs! Horses! Boys! What could be better?

Find Sheri at: Website

Find Seven Days to Goodbye at: Amazon

4 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

What a unique bag! I'm glad you are able to keep your mom's passion alive. All the best with your releases!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Sheri and thank you for sharing your mom's bag and your books today! I adore your mom's bag and love how you and your family sat down and shared her belongings. At one time, my mom had a similarly styled bag, done in metal. I often carried it. Before she passed, I asked her what had happened to it since I couldn't find it in her closet. She couldn't remember. I hope someone likes it as much as I did.

Angela Adams said...

That bag is definitely one of a kind. Thanks, Sheri, for including service dogs in your stories.

sheri levy said...

Thanks, Angela for responding. I have enjoyed working with PAALS.org. They are an amazing organization.