Thursday, October 18, 2018

Blog: Quilting Magic with Ties #holidayanthology #crafting #readromance

A lot of you know I call my husband Handsome. When we first married, he gave me a card signed with Handsome Husband. I shortened it. (And Handsome is a pretty nice looking guy. )
I grew up when working men wore suits to their job and to church, to shows, etc. I like the look. Handsome’s career began at a large accounting firm and he wore the “uniform” too. He especially liked ties and for a long time, never threw any away.
An employee at his company makes quilts. After a chat, he decided to have one made into a quilt. Take a look:


He had her put on the back his philosophy about ties: 











The good news is he culled through his ties again and had a second quilt made, and a third one: 



Here’s the sash detail and labels:

Some people are soooo creative.
Creativity abounds in this holiday anthology, the Whispers of Winter, featuring my romantic comedy short story, The Great Fruitcake Bake-off:


4 comments:

Liese said...

Absolutely beautiful!

You're right, a lot of talent shines through in those quilts!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I know the first tie was cut open and ironed flat, then reassembled to the same size. Incredible patience. The second quilt was at the quilt show. It didn't win, rats.

Angela Adams said...

What an incredibly clever idea! Thanks for sharing.

Diane Burton said...

Lovely. I esp. like the first picture. Great for the fall holidays.