Friday, October 18, 2013

Vicki Batman ~ Are you a crafty genius??


Fall is in the air!

Michelle Miles may be a crafting genius with her pumpkins; however, I am crafty sometimes, too.  I'd gone to the grocery store and thought I'd peruse the Halloween/Fall aisle cause—you never know. And lo and behold, something did catch my eye: a candy carrier. Since the boys are grown, I don't need candy sitting around because I'd buy chocolate (tried the caramel Milky Way yet??), and I'm like most red-blooded girls, I'll eat every freakin' piece so it isn't wasted.

For this door decoration, all I did was loop ribbon over the handle to hang from a tack on the top of my door. I tied a festive wire ribbon into a simple bow with florist wire, then wired it onto the handle of the candy carrier. Here's Ethel:
 
And here's Frank with a battery powered tea light inside:
 
















I thought turned out rather cool. J And not long after Halloween is Thanksgiving. I love to decorate wreaths (hot glue guns rock!) and found this one with shades of fall leaves at a craft store. I tied a magnificent bow with streamers. Added springs of different colors of acorns, oak leaves, and magnolia leaves. Here you go:
 


I know you're saying "Vicki, Vicki, Vicki. I can't make that bow." Yes, you can. Wire ribbon is so much easier than the other stuff and easy to fluff to look new again. Don't be afraid. Here's a link on how to tie bows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS7hK9dau50

He makes the bow the same way I do. I go for more casual streamers.


Do you make Fall decorations? I'd love to see yours.

 

Vicki Batman is drinking the diet Coke with Splenda and shaking her head cause she has lots of new stuff coming soon: The Great Fruitcake Bake-off in December, Bug Stuff…and Other Stories in February, an essay, and finally, the big book: Temporarily Employed. If you like fun stuff, VB is your gal.

No comments: