Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 10/16 - Handbag & Book, Karilyn Bentley
- 10/12 - Last Year was Tough. This Year was Tougher
- 10/09 - Handbag & Book w Pam Thibodeaux
- 10/05 - Found object! And it's all Mine!
- 10/02 - Handbag & Book w VB
- 09/28 - Travel & Book, Izzy Szyn
- 09/25 - Handbag & Book - Amy T
- 09/21 - Travel & Book, Madison Michael
- 09/18 - Handbag & Book, Fran Thomas
- 09/14 - Last day, Jon
Friday, February 28, 2014
Vicki Batman ~ I know it is spring when...
I'm a lucky writer in that I have a desk positioned next to a floor-to-ceiling window that overlooks my front yard. When my family moved to this house, we had old landscaping. Over time, I dealt with enlarging the flower beds, adding new shrubs for the worn-out ones. Planting daylilies and pentas.
But I didn't touch the flowering quince.
I'd never had one before and hadn't really noticed them when they flowered. In the winter, it's nothing but dried sticks. However, every February, a hint of tight pink buds form. If the day has a bit of warmth, they open a tad. If it grows even warmer, the bees swarm. The birds hip hop and chirp.
Here's what happened:
Shortly, the flowers will drop, the leaves will form, and the quince will no longer hold it's pretty pink glory. But next year....
What are your favorite signs of spring?