Monday, June 09, 2014

.@VickiBatman ~ #Handbag Monday: They always say Persistence... #MFRWblog #PlottingPrincesses

pays off....

~Handbag Monday~

Something deep inside me said, "A handbag in this color would be nice." So I began looking.

Handsome and I traveled recently and at each place, I would look for a certain style of bag in a particular color. No luck. Not even in New York unless I wanted a fancy smancy designer bag I couldn't afford. (You know I wouldn't go there.) And on a recent trip to California, I informed my companions of what I desired. No luck. I'd worked the internet, eBay, ETSY, Amazon, some handbag sites. No luck.

A big fat   :(  

Buying a bag for me is a combination of:

Price
Color
Great Style

I went back to the internet and lo and behold! found this:


Yep, a Kate Spade and mucho on sale! But when it arrived, I was a tad disappointed. The long handle didn't detach. I'm more of a tote gal than shoulder bag gal, but like versatility. Hmm. So I made a visit to my local shoe repair guy and explained my problem. He did this:


The handle was removed and a toggle added. Both of us commented as to why it wasn't done to begin with.

Anyway, I'm so totally happy with it and can't wait to show my new beauty off.

Have you been drawn to a particular handbag color?


******************************************
Poinsettia handbag: Week 10

Not much to add this week. I continue to fill in on the side panel. Getting closer to  The End!

3 comments:

Susan Day said...

Well, I am a shoulder bag girl but I love what you've done with this bag. I love the color too. Is it ultramarine or aquamarine blue? Whatever the colour it's inspirational. What a great find by you, Vicki. Well done!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Susan! I call the color turquoise. I've seen various shades, and this one isn't as soft as it could be, but works wonderfully. Thank you! and visit again soon.

Angela Adams said...

I call that color "turquoise," too. The poinsettia bag puts me in the mood for Christmas.