Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 12/25 - Merry Christmas!
- 12/21 - Handbag & Book, Reggi Alder
- 12/18 - Handbag & Book, Vicki Batman
- 12/14 - Handbag & Book, Kathryn Randle
- 12/11 - Handbag & Book, Kathleen Krevat
- 12/07 - Handbag & Book, Melissa Keir
- 12/04 - Handbag & Book, Connie Bretes
- 11/30 - Handbag & Book, open
- 11/27 - Handbag & Book, VB
- 11/23 - Happy Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
@VickiBatman - #Needlepoint passion. New pillow #MFRWblog
I started a new project this past week, a pillow. I hadn't done one in a while and saw this one in a catalog. It fit so well with my family room's décor. I have done nothing in needlepoint for that room. (Adorning with my handbag doesn't count. LOL)
So I started with this:
Frownie face. I should have known. No painted canvas. HOWEVER, upon long examination this canvas wasn't so bad after all. The pattern had a good layout on the canvas and a great color guide. Only one simple bargello stitch and I took off. At the end of week 1, I had this:
Aren't the color combos great? I am amazed at how fast this is going. Wish me luck!
FINISHED!!! Took approximately four weeks and have finished the pillow top. I like it so much, I ordered the sister pillow. Here it is:
Are you a crafty person?