Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 10/16 - Handbag & Book, Karilyn Bentley
- 10/12 - Last Year was Tough. This Year was Tougher
- 10/09 - Handbag & Book w Pam Thibodeaux
- 10/05 - Found object! And it's all Mine!
- 10/02 - Handbag & Book w VB
- 09/28 - Travel & Book, Izzy Szyn
- 09/25 - Handbag & Book - Amy T
- 09/21 - Travel & Book, Madison Michael
- 09/18 - Handbag & Book, Fran Thomas
- 09/14 - Last day, Jon
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
@VickiBatman - #Needlepoint passion. New pillow #MFRWblog
I started a new project this past week, a pillow. I hadn't done one in a while and saw this one in a catalog. It fit so well with my family room's décor. I have done nothing in needlepoint for that room. (Adorning with my handbag doesn't count. LOL)
So I started with this:
Frownie face. I should have known. No painted canvas. HOWEVER, upon long examination this canvas wasn't so bad after all. The pattern had a good layout on the canvas and a great color guide. Only one simple bargello stitch and I took off. At the end of week 1, I had this:
Aren't the color combos great? I am amazed at how fast this is going. Wish me luck!
FINISHED!!! Took approximately four weeks and have finished the pillow top. I like it so much, I ordered the sister pillow. Here it is:
Are you a crafty person?