Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Are you hungry? It's pizza time with author Edith Maxwell #MFRWorg #RWAKissofDeath #cozymystery

Time for Pizza
 
I’m delighted to be a guest on the blog today. Thanks for asking me over, Vicki.
My town has a great Flatbreads pizza restaurant, but it’s pretty pricey. We can make just as good pizza at home for a fraction of the cost. And in the kind of winter we’ve been having north of Boston this year, the hot oven helps to heat up the house!

Easy Pizza
Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Use as many local organic ingredients as you can.
 
Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 packet or tablespoon yeast
2 ½ to 3 cups of unbleached white flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 cups grated mozzarella
Grated Parmesan cheese
Tomato sauce
Dried oregano
Toppings as desired, including pitted Kalamata olives, sliced sweet peppers, sliced mushrooms, caramelized onions, ham, fresh basil leaves, crumbled goat cheese, pepperoni or other sausage.

Directions:
Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a mixing bowl. Stir it in, and then stir in one cup of flour. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the salt, and continue to add flour until the dough stands up as a lump.
 
Flour a countertop or table and turn out the dough, making sure to scrape all the dough off the sides and spoon. Rub the remaining oil all over the inside of the bowl and set aside.
 
Knead the dough, turning a quarter turn each time, until smooth. Lay it in the bowl smooth side down and press with the back of your hand, then turn it over. Cover the bowl and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
 
Divide into two balls. Oil two pizza pans or large baking sheets. NOTE: You can skip the preceding steps and buy pizza dough at the grocery store.
 
Roll and stretch the dough out on one pan. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce. Add toppings. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Finish with a grating of Parmesan and a sprinkle of oregano.
 
Bake for 12-15 minutes, watching carefully that the pizza doesn’t get too brown. Repeat for the second ball of dough.
 
Serve hot, and enjoy your pizza with a green salad and a glass of red wine.


In Farmed and Dangerous, snow is piling up, but murder seems to be the crop in season, and as the suspects gather, a blizzard buries the scene of the crime under a blanket of snow, leaving Cam stranded in the dark with a killer who gives new meaning to the phrase “dead of winter.”
 
Find Edith at: Facebook

Find Farmed and Dangerous at: Amazon

Giveaway!!!! I'll give away an ARC of FARMED AND DANGEROUS to one commenter (North America only, please). Leave your email in the comment section. 

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Edith ... this is wonderful ... you have combined two of my favorite things to do ... eat pizza and read a good mystery.

I'll copy your recipe and enjoy the book ... and time them to happen at the same time :)

cronin501@gmail.com

Guta said...

Hey Edie,
I really enjoyed this Blog.
Thank you for the pizza recipe. Sounds great. I would love to be the lucky one to receive a copy of your book. Here's my email address: gutarib@gmail.com. Take care.

Grandma Cootie said...

That pizza looks delicious and it's not even 7:00 a.m. here! I have been making the same pizza dough and sauce recipe since my aunt found it in the newspaper when I was about 9 years old. This recipe sounds a lot like that one, simple and delicious. I have tweaked it a bit and it's still better than any other I have found. It's a regular on our menu.

Don't enter me in the giveaway - I received my ARC of Farmed and Dangerous yesterday so will be reading very soon! Thanks.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Edith! I'm with Grandma Cootie about wanting a delicious slice right now.

Thank you Florence and Guta and hope you come back another day.

Melissa Keir said...

Pizza is not just for breakfast anymore! Actually, it can be my favorite food for breakfast! :)

The cover is cute and I wish you all the best!

Edith Maxwell said...

Thanks, Florence. Sounds like we share favorite things!

Edith Maxwell said...

Obrigada, Guta!

Edith Maxwell said...

Grandma, and Melissa - pizza for breakfast is an excellent choice!

Edith Maxwell said...

Thanks so much for having me over, Vicki.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

My pleasure, Edith!

Rose Gorham said...

I can eat pizza anytime of the day, or night. Great cover. Love to read your story.

rosegorham2@gmail.com

Edith Maxwell said...

Thanks, Rose. Yes, this is my favorite cover yet in the series!

Stacie said...

Pizza looks yummy. I love this series. Can't wait for the new release. Would love to win. :)
Scouts579 (at) aol (dot) com

Angela Adams said...

Thanks for the recipe. By the way, I love your book's cover!

kiki said...

Recipe sounds great. I love making pizza. I would really love winning a copy of the book. kphans08@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Delighted to win the random draw. Thanks for the book, Edith. I look forward to reading it :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Yeah!!! Florence!