Monday, June 27, 2016

Handbag & Book w Barbara White Daille - two treasures and #newbook #Rssos #MFRWorg #fashion

Handbag & Book with
Barbara White Daille 
Hi, everyone! I’m glad to be back for another visit. I have to admit, I never paid so much attention to my handbags until I discovered Vicki’s Handbag Monday. LOL.


I'm laughing, too, Barbara!



The bag you see here is made of a suede-like material in a very light color. Is it practical for everyday use?  No. But I bought it anyway because it’s lavender, which is one of my favorite colors. (Fingers crossed the photo and various browsers will do the color justice.)


The second photo is not a handbag, but I’m sharing it with you because it’s one of my most memorable accessory purchases ever.


This wallet has been well-used and well-loved and is now pretty much retired, a
keepsake more than a working accessory. I still hang onto it because from the moment I saw it, it made me happy. Yes, that might be a little “out there,” but it’s the truth. Even now, every time I look at the wallet, the color literally improves my mood.   
TIMING IS EVERYTHING
Single mom Layne Slater thought she'd seen the last of Jason McAndry when he chose the rodeo over her and their unborn son. Now Jason's back in Cowboy Creek and just as handsome as ever. But Layne can't give in to those feelings again. She has to protect her children…and her heart.
Jason wants to try to make up for the pain he caused when he left. The least he can do is help Layne while he's home. Before long, Jason realizes he's finally ready to be the husband, father and man his family deserves. But can Jason prove to Layne that this time, their love is forever?


Jason set the cup of juice on the table and looked at her. “If it’s not too early to run the washer, how about we throw in that load of clothes you talked about?”


“I can take care of it later this afternoon.”


“I’m out of clean socks.”


“Oh.” If that was what he needed to be on his way, Layne would have run a load with a solitary pair of socks—because she needed him to be on his way, at least for a while. She needed time to think. “All right. We can start the machine now.”


While he went to the living room for his bag, she crossed the kitchen. That morning, she had deposited a half-filled basket of the kids’ clothes on the floor near the closet. After she finished loading detergent into the machine, she turned back for the basket—and nearly collided with Jason.


He stood bare-chested in front of her, the shirt he had been wearing dangling from his hand, a pile of other clothes held in one arm. A scattering of dark hair covered his chest. Below, hard abs and a narrow waist drew her gaze downward to the worn-soft waistband of his jeans. The sight left her heart pounding. A jolt of memory stole her breath.


“I just saw I’m out of T-shirts, too,” he said.


Find Cowboy in Charge at:  Amazon
Find Barbara White Daille at: Website
What do you think? Is this possible? Do you also find certain colors…in your wardrobe, in nature, or anywhere else…bring about a strong reaction in you? 




 

17 comments:

Cathy McElhaney said...

The story sounds great! The color green makes me feel grounded...and calm. They say green is a "healing" color and that may be true!
Hey Vicki! Happy Monday! Have an awesome week!!

Angela Adams said...

The handbag and wallet compliment each other and make a great set!

Barbara White Daille said...

Hi, Vicki and all - happy Monday! I'm loving the chance to chat about some of our favorite subjects. :)

Barbara White Daille said...

Cathy - I've heard that about the color green, too. So far I haven't found one that "speaks" to me, but with so many greens in nature - and clothing and handbags - I imagine eventually I'll run across one that will.

Thanks for your kind words about the book!

Barbara White Daille said...

Hi, Angela! They really do go together well. The handbag was a more recent purchase, just a couple of years ago. I guess this proves my taste in color hasn't changed much.

Thanks for commenting!

Kathleen O said...

Lavender is one of my fav colours. I and Green is also another fav.. I love purses and shoes that match. But I have a new multi-coloured bag for the summer. It was a gift from my aunt. It goes with all the colours I love for summer.

Barbara White Daille said...

Waving hi, Kathleen! Thanks for stopping by.

What a great gift. I love those accessories that can be used often because they go with so many things.

My lavender bag is just a bit problematic when I'm wearing red and orange. LOL

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Barbara and so happy you are visiting with me again. I don't have a lavender bag, and just adore the colors in yours. I tend to buy mostly black except in Kate Spade or if I find a needlepoint bag in an awesome style with good subject matter in the stitching.

Melissa Keir said...

What beautiful colors! Certainly when you find something that brightens a dark mood..it's a must buy! All the best on your release!

Barbara White Daille said...

Hi, Vicki - it's always a pleasure to drop by.

Black is not my favorite color except in pants and shoes. And in bags, so we have that in common.

As for your choices, you have a good eye for what's beautiful in handbag fashions!

Barbara White Daille said...

Hi, Melissa - it's funny, I feel *almost* the same about some lavender-colored flowers as I do about my wallet. You're right, when we find something that works, we should go with it.

Thanks so much for the good wishes for the new book!

Charlotteoshayauthor.com said...

Fun Post! I have a lot of happy colors like lime green, turquoise, yellow, tomato red. If I can't wear it I always want to see it in a handbag or something for my house.

Barbara White Daille said...

Hi, Charlotte - I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

I'm with you on the "happy" colors. One of my friends LOVES yellow and has it all through her house. It's not one of my favorite colors (I don't buy anything yellow but bananas!), but I will admit that when I visit her, I always feel very happy there.

Joanne Guidoccio said...

Lavender is such a beautiful color...why not surround yourself with it. Love the purse and wallet!

Barbara White Daille said...

So true, Joanne! We should do the same with all the colors - and everything else - we love. Just think how much that would change the way we look at life.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I like Joanne's comment about lavender being a beautiful color and surrounding it around us. Right now, I am in love with coral!!!

Barbara White Daille said...

Vicki - coral is a fabulous choice. It looks good in home décor, clothing, and of course handbags and other accessories!

And not that I'm an expert, but imho, it also goes so well with many other colors.