Thursday, June 28, 2018

Author Janet Lane Walters on Handbag and Book - I'm the Bag Lady #medicalromance #readromance #accessories #MFRWorg


This handbag is my favorite especially since it is the only one I’ve used for five years. This is smaller than the one I used five years again. I had to give up that favorite handbag because the shoulder strap wore through and I couldn’t hang it any longer. 

Now, the ladies at the grocery store call me the bag lady. That’s because I have a dozen or more canvas bags I use for groceries and I’m always looking for a new one. But handbags are what I hope will last forever. They don’t but when one wears out I find a new one.



 What I really wish is that I still carried the one from fifty years ago when my first short story was published. Alas, that went the way of all handbags and died a well-used death. The short story still survives as does the other stories , poems and books I have written.

                                                           

The nurses stare as he exits the elevator on the Pediatric Unit. “Enter the handsome doctor.” Those are Doctor Caleb Winstone’s words as he steps off the elevator. Though he’s embarrassed, this Leo doctor rolls with the punches. He’s returned home to join an older doctor in the practice. Before long he learns the new nurse manager of the unit is a woman he knows. Of all the women in the world, she is the last one he wants to see. How can he manage to work daily with her? Before the day ends, he discovers his mother has decided who he should marry and the woman is quite willing. Not for him. Suzanna Rollins is an Aquarian and now the guardian of her half-brother who was badly injured in a car accident. She takes the position as nurse manager of the Pediatric unit for several reasons. One is the move from the city re-unites her with college friends, the Grantley Gang. The other is for the excellent Rehab Center. On the day of her arrival, she encounters Caleb. What is he doing here and why? Can she work with the man she fell in and out of love with the night he offered her less than marriage? Caleb’s interest in helping her half-brother gives them more together time than they imagined.


” Caleb turned to Jenessa. “Why are you just acting nurse manager?”
“Our newly hired one was to start two months ago but a family emergency intervened. She’s starting on Monday.”
“She must be special.”
“She is. She’s a nurse practitioner.”
“I’m impressed.”
Jenessa smiled. “Let me give you a quick tour.”
Caleb walked beside her. “Is the name of this new nurse a secret?”
“I forgot you weren’t here during the selection process. She’s a friend from my class at Grantley.”
Alex nodded. “She’s one of the infamous Grantley Gang. You were seldom home back then to know about their antics.” He turned to Jenessa. “Are we holding a welcoming party to celebrate the event?”
“I would tell you to ask your wife but just the Gang minus Rick,” Jenessa said. “She’ll be tied up at Rehab getting her brother settled.”
Caleb halted. “Just who is this person?”
“Suzanna Rollins,” Jenessa said. “She worked at City.”
Caleb held in a groan. Not her. Not here. He prayed his face didn’t show his feelings. Of all the women in the world to invade his space. Suzanna Rollins had no use for him. Their days of dating hadn’t ended well.


Find Janet at: Blog

Find Janet's books at:   Books We Love



Thank you, Janet, for sharing your handbag and book today!

           

5 comments:

Angela Adams said...

A basic black bag has always been my favorite type of bag. It goes with everything!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

LOL, Angela! I love basic black and have lots. There's so many cute ones.

Melissa Keir said...

I'm like you. When I find a bag, I always keep it until it dies a slow death. :) Congrats on your book!

Janet Lane Walters said...

Thanks to all who have stopped by, I enjoy reading the comments.

J.Q. Rose said...

Oh, Janet. Your handbag sounds like it could be an old friend. Thanks for sharing.
JQ Rose