Monday, October 29, 2018

Book and Bag--er, Where's the Handbag, Vicki? #quilting #holidaygift ##holidayantholog


I had to switch things up a bit this Monday. But no worries as there are many more handbags coming from me and guests. 

Almost three years have gone by since my parents' passed. Recently, my sisters and I met to work on divvying up jewelry, Grandmother's handmade tatting, goodies from a trunk, and family photos. Before we got to work, I gave the third sister a thank you gift. I had embroidered a lap quilt top. Here you go:



I'd found the quilt in a Hershnerr's catalog, thinking it was pre-quilted--which I love. However, when I got it, I realized my mistake. I did one and asked my sister to have it quilted for me. She had coordinated having several other quilts which were done to perfection. 

But how to thank her? I knew. Make her one too. 

I gave her another top I'd recently embroidered, and she was so excited. The reindeer is stitched in white holiday words, a lime green sash, white snowflakes, pink nose and cheek. 

I didn't care for the thread in the kit; it was coarse. I bought new floss at my neighborhood Joann's, using two strands which I ran through a thread conditioner. 

My sister will pick out a backing and binding. Maybe she will add wide lime green rickrack around the edge for a neat contrast. I added beads on the snowflakes to mine. Whatever she does, I truly appreciate her helping me and that's what sisters do.

Winter may be rolling in, but that doesn’t mean your days and nights must be cold. Immerse yourself in this wintery ensemble from Romance Collections.
Preorder at Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVNX2LZ/

7 comments:

Terri said...

I Love it, Vicki! Thank you for the awesome gift. Backing picked out this past weekend. Ready for the quilter to work her magic.

Melissa Keir said...

What a wonderful gift for you to make for your sister. :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I am so happy you like it. I love embroidering and this one is so cute! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Melissa! It really was a no-brainer to give the panel to her. She had done so much for me for Mom's quilts. Such treasures,

Angela Adams said...

That is absolutely awesome!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Thank you, Angela! I had so much trouble with the thread. The stitching should go seamlessly, but sometimes, doesn't.

xiaofeiDong said...

Celine handbag provides ultimate luxury and gives the best stylish statement. Behind the refined elegance, there is a great practicality hidden behind it. These handbags own superior craftsmanship with quality leather materials, sewing skills and meticulous modeling. Each and every aspect of the bag is clearly visible.