Monday, February 25, 2019

Book and Bag: Vicki Batman - Having to Buy my own Valentine #Valentinestories #husbandblewit #needlepointhandbag #MFRWauthor

I've been known to peruse ETSY for handbags, especially needlepoint ones. I TRY to resist, but couldn't this last time which turned out to be in my favor as Handsome blew it. Yup, nothing on Valentine's Day.

I couldn't be angry over his forgetting. He has been incredibly busy at work and we've had a loss in our family. Just too much going on--I get it.


So fortune shown on me when I saw this one:

This needlepoint bag is stunning. Gorgeous teal flowers with a gray background. Each side is the same. There are metal feet on the bottom, something I really like. Inside on one side is a large zippered pocket and sewn on top is a pouch pocket. On the other side is a pouch pocked, perfect for sunglasses. It measures 15 in in width x 9 in height.  A nice brass closure with a handle the same color as the gray trim.

What possessed me to buy this bag? The colors are so unusual and the size is perfect. I've toyed with replacing the handle with a cool clear beaded one. I'll think on that for a while. So Happy V-Day to me!
-Are handbags featured in my short stories? Duh! But I will add not all of them. These are very short stories and sometimes, there wasn't any room for one. Here's a tidbit from "Just Desserts":

I had no choice. Feeling like a rotten tomato, I shoved the key in my pocket, shouldered my handbag and stomped out.

He didn’t even say bye. Men.


-And another question: Why call it a handbag instead of purse or pocketbook? Very simple, really. I think purse and pocketbook is old-fashioned sounding. 


Ready to find romantic comedy shorts? Here's how: 





No comments: