Thursday, May 30, 2019

Are You a Burger Fiend? #greateating #MFRWauthor #hamburgerandfries #readromance


I love hamburgers. A lot. A lotta lot.

Most of the time, I order my burger with mustard, lettuce, pickles, extra onions, and tomatoes. Sometimes, I order onion rings and fries. When I go crazy, I add bacon and even cheddar cheese. 


I do watch my cholesterol and have omitted the bacon and cheese. I've even cut the burger in half if it's on the larger size. 

I don't eat out often anymore; so a burger is a great treat. Once, I went to a high-end restaurant which featured various other types of exotic meat. That time I ate a Kobe burger. 

About every three months, some friends and I go out for lunch, usually for a hamburger. We have agreed on which burger is the best--soft, fresh meat which hasn't been frozen. One of us loves vegetarian burgers and scores for that. We've been known to order milkshakes and vary our fry order with sweet potato ones. The bonus is we catch up with each other. 

One place we've gone to twice is Dairyette, a local drive-in. It's not glamorous. It's quirky. Burgundy vinyl booths. Laminate on the tabletops. Pine paneling. The burgers are good, but not on the scale of the Kobe burger. The fries are skinny and super crisp. The store is known for its in-house root beer. I used to take my friend, Handyman Bob, there and wish I still could. 

But truly they key to eating with friends is partly food. Mostly, it's being together. Sharing. Laughing. Being together in person. 


Do you have a favorite food? 



There's great news coming soon. I'll share when the time is right. To hold you over, try this:


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Just-Desserts-Other-Short-Stories-ebook/dp/B07CT8XC5F/



Print: https://www.amazon.com/Just-Desserts-Other-Stories-writer/dp/1718719302/ref=sr_1_28?keywords=just+desserts&qid=1554829514&s=books&sr=1-28/


Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/just-desserts-and-other-short-stories-vicki-batman/1128592107?ean=2940155242031/


Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/823338/


2 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

My favorite food is anything with chocolate in it. Unfortunately, I've been diagnosed with prediabetes, so I've had to really cut back. I love burgers, especially when Hubby cooks them on the grill!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Patricia! I love chocolate too. And after the week I've had, I could eat vast quantities. Sadly, I'm cutting back as well because I want to look awesome for the cruise later this summer. I LOVE grilled burgers. I go to a burger spot nearby and they grill theirs. Hmmm. Maybe I should go today....