Thursday, September 19, 2019

Why is Alice Renaud's Handbag Special? #newbook #paranormalromance #MFRWauthor


This bag is special because it’s the one I carried on my wedding day. I needed a bag because wedding dresses don’t usually have pockets. I chose it because it was ivory-coloured, like my dress, and small enough to be fairly unobtrusive on the pictures, yet big enough to hold the essentials – my credit card, tablets in case I got a headache or stomach ache, and keys. I bought it in the same store where I bought my wedding shoes. 

I treasure it, and sometimes, still get it out when I need a small bag in a neutral colour. I had a lovely wedding. Finding someone you love, and who loves you, is the most wonderful thing. All my stories are about finding that special someone, and holding on to them… even if they’re a shape shifting merman or a warlock!



Rob Regor knew that humans were trouble. All the shape-shifting mermen of the Morvann Islands knew it. And human women were double trouble... especially when they were lying on the road in front of a digger. 

Rob has a mission. Go to the mainland. Work as a policeman. Spy on humans. Report back to his father, the head of the Regor Merman Clan. It should be easy. Until he has to arrest Charlie. Rob can’t fight his attraction to the sexy eco-warrior, and it puts him on one hell of a collision course with his family and his Clan. Will he break the rules – or break her heart, and his?

Love ‘em and leave ‘em, that was Charlie’s motto. It had served her well until now. But Rob is different… Can she open up her heart to Rob - when a secret buried in her past surfaces and changes her completely?



More about Alice Renaud: Alice lives in London, UK, with her husband and son. By day, she's a compliance manager for a pharmaceutical company. By night, she writes fantasy romance about shapeshifting mermen, water monsters and time-traveling witches. Her first book, “A Merman’s Choice,” was published in January 2019 by Black Velvet Seductions. It is the first book in a fantasy romance trilogy inspired by the landscapes and legends of Brittany and Wales. The second book, “Music for a Merman,” is on pre-order now. Alice has also written a short story, “The Sweetest Magic of All,” included in the BVS “Mystic Desire” anthology, on pre-order now. 

Alice loves reading and writing stories, and sharing them with anyone who’s interested!


Red, White or Blue? Blue, colour of the summer sky and sea, bluebells, and my husband’s eyes.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? The older I get, the more I like spring and summer.

Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? All three

Coffee, Tea, Champagne? I love champagne, but couldn’t live or write without tea.

Country music or Michael Buble? Country music

Pencil or Pen? Pen, though I write on a computer

 

Find Music for a Merman at: Books2Read

Find Alice Renaud at: Facebook 

11 comments:

Alice said...

Thank you Vicki for sharing my reminiscences, book... and bag! Looking at this picture sure makes me travel back in time!

Suzanne said...

A Merman’s Choice was a wonderful read. I preordered Music For A Merman and it is the next book on my tbr list. I’m sure that will be great as well. Congrats Alice!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

All three! Yes, I'm now hungry at the thought lol

Lovely memories - Beautiful picture - I saved it to 'authors' on my Pinterest page :) x

Alice said...

Thank you Suzanne and Brit!!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

So wonderful to have you, Alice! I love this bag is the one you carried the day of your wedding. I carried a small beaded one. Just enough for a lipstick and tissue. Hugs!

Dee S. Knight said...

This is so sweet! And, a really pretty bag!

Alice said...

Thank you Vicki and Dee! Yes our handbags contain many precious memories!

Callie Carmen said...

Hi Alice:
You looked beautiful on your wedding day. You found true love which is the best. I'm sure having those wonderful feelings towards your husband helps with your true love stories.
Callie

Callie Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gibby Campbell said...

I love how much emotion is attached to certain clothing items. Your bag is pretty. I have a clutch that used to be my mom's. I still take it to the theatre and always think of her when I do.

Alice said...

Thank you Callie and Gibby! Yes, I know I am very lucky... I have to remember to be grateful every day!