Thursday, December 12, 2019

Blog: Handbag and Book with guest author Lynda Rees #handbag #funaccessory #romanticsuspense #MFRWauthor

Vicki, you’re the inspiration for my bag. Your lovely blog featured a bag you had created of one of your published works. I was so in love with it, I followed the same path. A delightful married couple in Russia handcrafted the purse for me. It took about a month and cost much more than I usually pay for a handbag. The results were well worth the cost and wait. 

This bag is fun to carry and attracts attention wherever I go. It’s a great way to meet people. They ask me, instead of me asking, “Do you like to read?” I’m continually handing out business cards to wonderful people I meet who enjoy reading. Thank you, Vicki, for the awesome idea. 
Real Estate Agent Chloe Roberts lands in an assassin’s crosshairs when she returns to her hometown after her fiancĂ© disappears without a trace. She uncovers shady family secrets and is pursued by a billionaire developer, a country music star, a lovable lawman and a presumed-dead gangster. Murder puts a crimp in her budding relationship with the man of her dreams. He may lose her to another. Chloe, her wealthy client, mother and grandfather are prime suspects, as the killer targets the next victim. 

More about Lynda Rees: 
This award-winning storyteller lives on a farm in Kentucky. Born in the splendid Appalachian Mountains the daughter of a coal miner and part-Cherokee Indian, Lynda grew up in northern Kentucky when Newport prospered under the Cleveland Mob as a gambling and sin mecca. Her fascination with history’s effect on today’s lives works its path into her written pages. Having traveled the world working with heads of industry, foreign governments, and business managers during a corporate career in marketing and global transportation, this free-spirited adventurer with workaholic tendencies followed her passion with writing. Her debut historical novel Gold Lust Conspiracy is an award-winner. Debut romantic suspense, Parsley, Sage, Rose, Mary & Wine of Book 1 of The Bloodline Series, is a RITA finalist and award winner. The 10-book series is set in Kentucky horse country. Lynda’s middle-grade children’s books, Freckle Face & Blondie and The Thinking Tree are co-authored by granddaughter Harley Nelson. Lynda hopes you enjoy her stories and you become life-long friends. 

Red, White or Blue?  I adore the combination of the colors, creating our national flag. One flies on my front porch every day. For clothing, I prefer red. I’m a bright color gal. 
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Spring is my favorite time of year. I love the rebirth of everything and green sprouting across fields surrounding my home. Fall is a time of relief from summer’s heat and reaping the last of what our crops bare. I adore its beauty, flamboyant color, and fresh air. Winter has a unique charm. Burr! It’s dreary and icy here. Summer is fun and activity for my family, swimming, boating, fishing and horseback riding. It’s hotter and more humid than blazes in Kentucky. 

Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? Pie, of course, lemon, cherry or blueberry. Here’s one of my signature dishes for your fans. I created it when I for my next book, The Bourbon Trail, launching next year. So this is a delicious sneak peek. 

THE BOURBON TRAIL DERBY PIE 
9” pie crust 
Mix in a bowl: 
1 stick butter4 eggs1 cup sugar (or Splenda)         
l/4 cup bourbon¾ cup light corn syrup1 Tsp. Vanilla 
Fold in: 
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
Pour into crust. Bake 50-60 minutes until the center sets. Cool completely. Top with whipped topping and shavings of dark chocolate. 

Coffee, Tea, Champagne?   I love all three but who can live without coffee? 

Country music or Michael Buble?  Country all the way. 

Pencil or Pen? Definitely pen. I keep them everywhere, along with my stash of reading glasses. If your readers want one of my personal pens, tell them to reach me via email. I’d be happy to send them one. 

Find Real Money, book 9 The Bloodline Series at:  Purchase

Find Lynda Rees at:  Website

No comments: