Monday, December 09, 2019

Handbag and Book with author Kris Bock - A delightful interview and two handbags??!!


Um, handbag? I live in a small town in New Mexico. The dress code ranges from "casual" to "sloppy." 

I prefer my handy waist pack. It carries everything I need, it has an outside pocket for my car keys, and I can snap it on and go hands-free. (I also haven't worn dress shoes in about a decade. It's for my own safety, really. I'm clumsy enough even in running shoes.)



I do have a couple of pretty little purses I can pull out for the rare fancy event. 

I got this leather one in Afghanistan when I was ten years old. My family lived in Saudi Arabia and traveled to Afghanistan during one of the windows where tourists could do that. I like it more for the memory than the practicality, but clearly I've kept it for many years.









What do you do when you meet the guy of your dreams? 
Set him up with your sister, of course.

Kari doesn't have time for love when she's opening her new cat café. Renovating an old restaurant, hiring employees, fighting with the health inspector – oh, and welcoming 16 shelter cats – keeps her plenty busy. She's doing this for the cats, the community, and most of all her family. The café will give her sister, Marley, a job worthy of her baking skills.

Then a tattooed military vet wanders in claiming to be a master baker himself. The café doesn't need another baker, but maybe Marley needs a man. Surely she'll fall for a guy this sweet, this sexy, this tasty.


Colin has other ideas. It's Kari who makes him want to pour on the sugar and turn up the heat. But he's spent the last two years recovering from physical and psychological wounds. Is he really ready for a relationship? He's not even sure he should commit to Samson, the fluffy marshmallow of a cat who steals his heart.



More about Kris Bock: Kris Bock writes novels of romance, mystery, and suspense. Her Furrever Friends Sweet Romance series features the employees and customers at a cat café. Watch as they fall in love with each other and shelter cats. 


Kris also writes romantic suspense set in the Southwestern U.S. If you love Mary Stewart or Barbara Michaels, try Kris Bock’s stories of treasure hunting, archaeology, and intrigue in the Southwest. Read excerpts at www.krisbock.com or visit her Amazon page. Sign up for the Kris Bock newsletter for announcements of new books, sales, and more.



Red, White or Blue? Blue is my favorite color. Any shade works, but especially aqua, teal, or the shade of a New Mexico summer sky. 

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Fall in New Mexico is amazing, with cooler temperatures and the smell of roasting green chile.

Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? Pie – I generally make myself a birthday pie instead of cake – although anything chocolate is good, especially brownies or chocolate chip cookies. (Check the "Recipes" label on my blog for café sweet treats, holiday goodies, and New Mexico specialties.)

Coffee, Tea, Champagne? Tea.

Country music or Michael Buble? What? Who? I mostly listen to classic rock.

Pencil or Pen? I like pens in a variety of colors.


Find Coffee and Crushes at the Cat Café on Amazon, or free with Kindle Unlimited.


Find Kris Bock at her Amazon page.

No comments: