Thursday, January 30, 2020

Today, author Pam Thibodeaux with a #handbag and a #book #MFRWauthors #readromance #accesories

I’m not big on handbags or purses. Never have been. My purses tend to be black and small enough to tuck under the seat of a vehicle when I need it with me, but don’t have to carry it the entire time I’m out. Like when I go dancing. I may need my purse to get where I’m going, but will not carry it into the club. However, like many folks, I tend to collect bags – well, tote bags anyway LOL! 

This particular tote has wonderful memories attached to it. No, it’s not pretty, just a plain, plastic tote (clear for security purposes) but look at the emblem…. ALL American Half-Time Show. 

What is that? You ask. 


This is the half-time show you see during the Citrus Bowl (football game) on New Years Day every year! Why is it important to me? 

#1: My son has been a choreographer/coach for this event nearly every year for the past 10+ years. 
#2: My granddaughter performed in the show Jan. 1, 2019 
#3: A sweet friend (more like a niece) danced with my granddaughter last year. You see, Lexi was a high school Senior and (granddaughter) Bryanna a Freshman. Performers are middle/high school age making this the only time these two would ever perform together! 

Also, this was my first visit to Disney (ok that’s 4 reasons LOL!) but I had to share that little fact too. 

So, no, the bag I’m bragging on today is not a pretty handbag I discovered on an impromptu shopping trip, vacation or any other special time, but it is one I’ll always treasure. 

Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!”and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.” Sign up to receive Pam’s newsletter and get a FREE short story! 

Answer these questions: 
Red, White or Blue? Blue 
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Definitely Summer 
Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? ….hmmm…as much as I like chocolate, I’m not a fan of chocolate pudding so a chocolate pie would be nixed too but you can give me chocolate cake any day! 
Coffee, Tea, Champagne? Coffee 
Country music or Michael Buble? Country Music 
Pencil or Pen?  Pencil tends to fade and become illegible, so give me a pretty colored pen. 

Dr. Scott Hensley (introduced in Tempered Hearts) has built a wall around his heart since the death of his wife and parents.  Katrina Simmons is recovering from scars inflicted on her as a battered wife.  Can dreams be renewed and faith strengthened?  Can they find joy and peace in God’s love and in love for one another?   

Find Tempered Dreams at: Amazon 
Find Pamela S Thibodeaux at: Facebook

11 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thank you so much Vicki for having me on your blog today.
I look forward to interacting with your visitors throughout the day/evening.
Good luck and God's blessings to you
PamT

Patricia Kiyono said...

I'm with you on collecting tote bags, especially when they're connected to special memories. This one holds a lot, so I don't imagine you'll get rid of it for quite some time!

Donna Simonetta said...

Fun story about the halftime show...I'll definitely watch with more interest in the future! Although, I have to confess, I love a fun handbag! And mine are usually pretty large to carry all my junk! Lol!

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Hi Pam,

Like you, I associate certain wonderful memories which objects I will treasure for that reason. All good!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Pam. So wonderful you can visit with me today and share your bag. I recently bought a small clear bag for events. It comes with handles and a crossbody strap; so, I'm thinking all my basics are covered.

Alina K. Field said...

I don't think I can survive without my purse, but I love tote bags also! Great post!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

You're right, Patricia I may never get rid of this particular tote bag. Especially if I intend to attend any sporting event as this is what most are requiring in lieu of purses.

I haven't watched the half-time show since, Donna. Probably won't unless LSU plays or my granddaughter or someone else we know dances.

Funny how we all do that Jacqueline, part of our nature I guess to treasure memories and well we all know how these mementos end up being part of our History too.

Yep, you should be good to go, Vicki!

Oh, I could live without a purse Alina, as long as I have a way to carry necessary items with me LOL!

THANK YOU ALL for stopping by!
Good luck and God's blessings to each of you
PamT

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

You're right, Patricia I may never get rid of this particular tote bag. Especially if I intend to attend any sporting event as this is what most are requiring in lieu of purses.

I haven't watched the half-time show since, Donna. Probably won't unless LSU plays or my granddaughter or someone else we know dances.

Funny how we all do that Jacqueline, part of our nature I guess to treasure memories and well we all know how these mementos end up being part of our History too.

Yep, you should be good to go, Vicki!

Oh, I could live without a purse Alina, as long as I have a way to carry necessary items with me LOL!

THANK YOU ALL for stopping by!
Good luck and God's blessings to each of you
PamT

Kara O'Neal said...

Hi!

I hate purses. They always fall off my shoulder. My mother loves tote bags and we always tease her about it, but guess what??? I have like 10 of my own. So...yikes!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

There's that too, Kara, always falling off my shoulder LOL!
Thanks for stopping by
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Kara! I have bags that fall off my shoulders too. I recommend crossbody or slip a tote with the shorter handles over your arm. Many of my bags have a cross body too which means I snap them on for hands free shopping. :)