Thursday, January 16, 2020

Five Weeks and Counting #MFRWauthors #readromance #shortstories

Five weeks ago, I had surgery-alert! squeamish party-a girl part surgery. I had a hysterectomy long ago and a bladder lift. This time I got a vagina lift.

It seems birthing big boys might have been the problem. The ob-gyn said I had great collagen here-he drew a circle around his face, implying my face-but not down there. I think he hit it. People look at me and say I don't look my age. I flip this over to my mother who was beautiful. Perfect pinky peachy skin and few wrinkles.


My ob-gyn didn't do this surgery and referred me to a doctor. The new doc and I met and determined and scheduled. Like most of us, I wanted the procedure to happen asap, but I had a few things to do first, a couple of trips and Thanksgiving. So I scheduled the surgery for the day after I returned from my annual girlfriend trip and three weeks before Christmas.

I worked hard to get Christmas ready. And I did, except for wrapping. Yeah, me!

Handsome and I went to the hospital early (naturally) and I was prepped and off rather quickly. In recovery, I had horrid pain. Several hours later, I was moved to my room, but I don't remember getting there. 

With the pain meds, I rested. I was given "interesting" hospital food, but only ate crackers. My taste buds were off. The next day, I had to pee before going home and barely did. I had horrid pain attacks again. Once home, I took pills and felt better. 

This was the norm for five days. On Saturday, my thighs spasmed and my stomach pain returned full force plus. I have to admit-I screamed. But following that bad day, I did gradually improve. 

Every week brought something different. My goal was to be ready for Christmas. This was our family's first with our granddaughter. It would be special.

I took time each day to wrap gifts and watched way too many Hallmark movies. Used lots of gift bags, too.

I realized something - being out of commission during the holidays was kinda sucky. Mostly sucky.

I have a little over a week to go before I get the all-clear to resume my normal life. I work out every day; sometimes, I do two workouts a day. I have to ask Handsome way too many times to carry this and that. Lift this and that. (I've seen the eyerolls.)

For those of you who have undergone more than me and made it to the other side, you have my undying admiration. Sometimes, life is a bugger-bear.


What else did I do while recuperating? READ



Love blossoms in the small town of Sommerville in these heartwarming tales, filled with fun and forever possibilities.



Raving Beauty: What if the love of your life was in front of you all along?



Store Wars: The competition is heating up when Janie's old flame returns to town and is running his family's store. Could following dreams break her heart?



San Diego or Bust: When a young woman plans a romantic getaway with her boyfriend, disaster strikes. Is her Mr. Right the right Mr. Right?

Recoop from the winter blahs here: Amazon

6 comments:

Kaye George said...

Oh man, Vicki, you had a worse December than I did, and mine was horrible (sick, not surgery). I've never even heard of that surgery. Never had any of those you mention, but probably should have. I hope the outcome is excellent. Women definitely come with design flaws, I've always said. Good luck!!

Kat said...

Yay for good planning and getting to the "other side" in spite of feeling poorly. Hope you're back to "normal" soon!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Kaye! I love "women come with design flaws!!!" LOL I will be using that phrase. Mostly, I had to sit back and let Christmas happen. I'm lucky my family lives here and my sister helped.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Kat! One week until Freedom. I can't wait to Jazzercise, yoga, walk, etc. again. Hugs, VB

Donnell Ann Bell said...

Go you. Now you can put this behind you! Buggabears and all!

Melissa Keir said...

Oh Vicki, what a trial. I'm glad that you are on the mend and hope this is the end of these issues. Sending hugs!