Thursday, March 19, 2020

How Did You Do That? #readromance #MFRWauthors #accessories #whattodowhenquarantined

I find handbags online, and, sometimes, they need a little help. I carried this particular one for a while, but when I used it recently, I noticed the handle was ripping apart. I suppose I could have taken it to a shoe shop and had it fixed. Undoubtedly, would have cost more than my plan. 

I visited my neighborhood Joann's where I had found a clear plastic beaded handle before and used with success on other handbags. Nada. Nor did I find anything I really wanted to use. *frownie face* In my head, I wanted to use this particular handle and nothing else would work. So before I did anything else, I decided to look online. 


Success!! 

Here's what the project looked like when I started:













The bad handle:














The new attachment rings:












And voila! finished: 


Stuck at home? Nothing to do? Read! Discover a new book by an author new to you and indulge in the best comfort ever--reading. 



Love blossoms in the small town of Sommerville in these heartwarming tales, filled with fun and forever possibilities.




Raving Beauty: What if the love of your life was in front of you all along?

Store Wars: The competition is heating up when Janie's old flame returns to town and is running his family's store. Could following dreams break her heart?

San Diego or Bust: When a young woman plans a romantic getaway with her boyfriend, disaster strikes. Is her Mr. Right the right Mr. Right?

                                                                                                                                                                                             Excerpt:

Store Wars: "This stuff is crap." I ran a finger along the edge of a faux-finished table parked inside the store's entryway, flicking more than a hint of dust from my fingertip.

My best girlfriend, Tracy, and I were scoping out the competition along the Sommerville Historic Depot District, one of which was Tejas Souvenirs, owned by an old flame's mom. So far, no business we'd visited had measured up. The other stores all looked...tacky touristy.                 

I walked through to the next section, thoroughly disgusted with what lay before me. This store needed major first aid. No quality merchandise anywhere. The overpowering scents of vanilla and cinnamon from the cheap candles loaded on another tabletop caused me to have a major sneezing fit. 

Tracy passed a tissue she dug from her front pocket. Her bright blonde curls bounced. "Janie, need this?"          

"T'anks." I blew and stuffed the used wad in my pants’ front pocket, praying the urge to let loose again would bypass.

"Why in the world is a huge candle display by the front door, assaulting a customer when he-slash-she walks in? I can't be the only one who's allergic. And look" --I pointed to the section at the top of four steps-- "room diffusers up there. Another brand of candles over there. And yes, people, let's combine those with scented bath products. A whole lotta stinky people and stinky homes are out there in the big wide world."

Find your respite at: Amazon & KU




No comments: