Thursday, March 05, 2020

How do you jam? #monsterjam #bedifferent #inarut #MFRWauthors


I was a little flabbergasted--in a funny way.

You see, a few weeks ago, Handsome asked for a birthday gift. Not his normal "buy me this book," or a cd. No, Handsome asked if we could go to the Monster Jam Truck Rally.


I had to think about that. Monster trucks--not really my thing. Vintage cars? Yea, love those. I grew up with them. My dad had a vintage Austin Healy and so does Handsome. 

Then, I read something different which made me look at--quite possibly--I was in a rut. I said yes.

Not long later, he asked me to go to a concert featuring a singer he listens to but I don't except on the rare occasion he plays her music and I hear it. I said yes to that, too.



The Monster Jam was a little like something I'd seen on TV. The first round robin featured two trucks facing off. The fastest on the track won and proceeded on.

The second round had the trucks doing two stunts. The winner was selected by the audience scoring. 


For the third round, each truck had so many minutes to do as many stunts as they desired. Some hopped on their front end, rolled on the sides of their wheels, did incredibly high jumps. Many tried to complete an air loop and land on all four wheels. 

Scores were compiled and a winner selected--Grave Digger. LOL

We had fun! And the chicken tenders and fries were tasty.


What else did I do out of the rut? I indie published Sommerville days. I love writing short stories, especially cute-meet ones. It's a leap of faith to publish something on your own and hope readers will be interested. 




5 stars. Vicki Batman has all the feels with these short tales. They make the heart smile!

5 stars. I have read everything Ms. Batman has written. She is an excellent writer with a quick wit that makes me laugh out loud. Her characters are very likeable, and the stories will leave you wanting more.

5 stars. Vicki Batman has a clever endearing way of making each of her characters seem like someone you might know and can relate to in each situation. The stories are witty and warm and keep you rooting for the happily ever after ending. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Sommerville Days.

5 stars. Loved every one of the stories. The writing is engaging and fun. The characters are likable and relatable. Well done!

5 stars. Delightful quick read. Perfect addition to a lazy summer afternoon of reading.

4 stars. I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to get wrapped up in the stories and I wasn't ready for them to end when they did. If you like short stories, l highly recommend this book. l would definitely read more books by this author.

Find Sommerville days at: Amazon & KU

2 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Yeah, it's easy to get in a rut!

Looks like you did a good job getting out of one LOL!

Good luck and God's blessings on your collection of short stories!
PamT

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Thank you, Pam. I love being with #1 and #2 son. They played the appropriate rock and roll oldies and #2 sang along. #1 said, "That was beautiful, man." I laughed and laughed.