Thursday, April 09, 2020

Blog: Handbag & Book - It's All About Color #MFRWauthor #designeraccessories #stories #romance

So, I may have mentioned before Handsome and I cruised the Adriatic Sea last summer. One of the stops was Florence. I had a blast shopping in Florence on another trip and I couldn't wait to shop again. What for? Handbags! Gloves! 

I found the same store and cruised through it, but nothing caught my eye. I walked across the square and found another, bigger store. I strolled through, noting handbags that caught my eye. When I finished, I retraced my route and began picking up handbags. At this point, a young man came to assist me. I filled his arms. 

I already have a lot of the basic colors and shapes; so, I looked for something different. And this one caught my eye:


Why orange? I don't have anything in this color. I do have a tweedy pumpkin-colored vintage bag. But it isn't for every day. 

This one is boxy. The width is almost the same as the length, but overall, the impression is it isn't big. Does have a crossbody strap which I love to snap on when shopping. Does have to pockets the length of the bag. Perfect!

The color description? Orange isn't quite right. Recently, I changed my Facebook profile pic to this handbag and asked readers and friends what color would they give it. 

Orange
Pumpkin
Flame
Poppy
Tangerine
Red-orange
Persimmon
Vermilion

Three people said--drum roll--Tangerine! 

I must say it does look Tangerine to me. 


What isn't Tangerine, but fun as well? Sommerville days. An easy two hour read of Hollywood-style cute-meet stories. 

5 stars. Vicki Batman has all the feels with these short tales. They make the heart smile!
5 stars. I have read everything Ms. Batman has written. She is an excellent writer with a quick wit that makes me laugh out loud. Her characters are very likable, and the stories will leave you wanting more.
5 stars. Vicki Batman has a clever endearing way of making each of her characters seem like someone you might know and can relate to in each situation. The stories are witty and warm and keep you rooting for the happily ever after ending. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Sommerville Days.
5 stars. Loved every one of the stories. The writing is engaging and fun. The characters are likable and relatable. Well done!
5 stars. Delightful quick read. Perfect addition to a lazy summer afternoon of reading.
4 stars. I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to get wrapped up in the stories and I wasn't ready for them to end when they did. If you like short stories, l highly recommend this book. l would definitely read more books by this author.


Find for you lots of fun at:  Amazon & KU 


No comments: