Thursday, October 22, 2020

Blog: Handbag and Book with author Alice Renaud-Not a Handbag, but a... and her #newbook #fantasyromance #accessories #traveling #MFRW

 

This beautiful wallet was given to me by a friend. She bought it for me in Japan where she was travelling. These days it looks like a symbol of a vanished world – the world pre-Covid, when you could jump on a plane and fly to the other side of the planet whenever you wanted. 

Since March my life has become smaller somewhat, flatter… No more singing in church, no more theatres, no more visiting friends or family, no more parties… But when I look at this lovely, colourful wallet, I am also reminded that there is hope! The world is still big and colourful and full of wonderful things.

I still have much to be thankful for: family, a job, books, wine… and I can travel in my imagination whenever I want, while waiting for the time when we can travel for real. In Mermaids Marry in Green, my new fantasy romance in the Sea of Love cycle, my heroine Caltha goes on a journey too. She travels from her native Welsh island to London, where she discovers many new things… including Oriental food, water monsters, and love! Read more about it below.

Caltha Dooran is the toughest, fiercest shape-shifting mermaid in the western seas. She has three Clans to rule, and no time for romance. But when a warlock, Jonty, turns up and asks her to come with him to London to capture a water monster, she can't say no. In London, away from her duties, her attraction for Jonty grows... and they soon fall under each other's spell. But will his past and her responsibilities pull them apart, or can they find the only true magic, the one that binds two souls together?

More about Alice Renaud: Alice lives in London, UK, with her husband and son. By day she's a compliance manager for a pharmaceutical company. By night she writes fantasy romance about shape shifting mermen, water monsters and time-travelling witches. Her first book, “A Merman’s Choice,” was published in January 2019 by Black Velvet Seductions. It is the first book in a fantasy romance trilogy inspired by the landscapes and legends of Brittany and Wales. The second book, “Music for a Merman,” is out now and the third, “Mermaids Marry in Green,” will be released on 1 November. Alice has also written two short stories for BVS anthologies, “The Sweetest Magic of All,” in “Mystic Desire,” out now, and “The Holiday Mermaid” in “Desire Me Again,” out in October. Alice loves reading and writing stories, and sharing them with anyone who’s interested!

Red, White or Blue?  Blue for surroundings, red for clothes

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? In order of increasing preference, Winter, Fall, Summer, Spring

Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? ALL of them. Waistline, what waistline? On Zoom they only see your top half…

Coffee, Tea, Champagne? Champagne for week-end evenings, tea the rest of the time

Country music or Michael Buble? Country music

Pencil or Pen? Pen but these days I write mostly on my computer

 

Find Mermaids Marry in Green at: Books2Read

Find Alice Renaud at: Facebook

8 comments:

Liese said...

I'd never thought about what a mermaid would wear to a wedding. Love the title! Sounds like a great book!

I also love that wallet and hope that we all may be on the road again soon.

Best,
Liese

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Alice and welcome back. I love the wallet too. Sometimes, we forget how important that little thing is in our handbag. Thank you so much for visiting with me today and sharing your book and treasure.

Alice said...

Thank you for having me Vicki! I always love visiting your blog.

Alice said...

Thank you Liese! Yes I dream of travelling again soon - especially to visit my aunt sister and mum who live in another country. You can still grab Mermaids Marry in Green while it's on pre order sale at only $0.99 for a few more days! Release date is 1 November.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

This IS a beautiful wallet.
Your book sounds fascinating
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Alice said...

Thank you very much Pam! I hope you have a lovely and blessed week end.

Robin Adam said...

Wow!!
Thanks for sharing this blog about the book "This beautiful wallet".!!
Good luck dear!!
Custom Vape Cartridge Packaging Boxes

Alice said...

Thank you very much Robin! I hope you have a lovely holiday when it comes.