Thursday, November 05, 2020

Handbag and Book: Hmm. Vicki asks, What's That Playing in the Background? #newbook #holidaymusic #boymeetsgirl

 Recently, I heard holiday piano music in the background of a commercial. I really liked it, but for the life of me I can't remember the commercial. So, I just went on a quest to find holiday tunes played on the piano. 

I posted on Facebook and lots of people had suggestions. Like the Piano Guys (have), and their cellist, Steven Sharpe Nelson (have), George Winston (have), Jim Brickmann (have). And a few other artists were mentioned which I did check out. Sadly, their music wasn't what I was looking for. 

What I heard was very simple. I am no pianist, but what I heard was mostly right-hand notes. The music was clear and carried a connection. 

I have tons of Christmas music, in fact, a whole playlist. The top one is Nat King Cole. I have included Mel Torme, Michael Buble, Rosemary Clooney, Chris Botti, Diana Krall, Frank, Bing, Josh Groban, Los Romeros, Manhattan Transfer, Manheim Steamroller, Pentatonix, Tony Bennett, and many many more. Three hundred sixty-seven songs. 

So if you hear beautiful holiday piano music that isn't flowery, please-please let me know. 

Last year, I fell in love with the Boot Barn commercial playing classical guitar style. I love this version of Carol of the Bells so much, I saved the commercial (stunning) on my phone just to play every now and again. Boot Barn holiday  

I've always been partial to Bing Crosby's "White Christmas," Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song," Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You," and many others. 

Do you have a favorite holiday song, one you listen to over and over? 


Just released on November 1, Sommerville holidays too, three cute-meet tales full of fun and forever after. 


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JQN19L6/



Be sure to take time out and indulge this year because we have all earned it! Find yours at: Amazon & KU



11 comments:

Marsha said...

Hey, Vicki. I'm sorry, but I can't assist you. I'm hopeless with titles and performers' names. In our family the joke is I'd say, Oh, I like that song. Who is that?" My family would role their eyes and answer, "Elton John." It was almost always Elton John, but I just couldn't recognize him. Fortunately, now I do. And I do love the folks you mentioned in your blog. When when we get passed Thanksgiving, I'll plug into the Sirius station that plays Christmas songs all the time. I've shared. :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Marsha! I've been listening to music w no lyrics for a long time now, mostly because of writing. So now, when I listen to a pop tune in Jazzercise, I don't hear the words. LOL

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I LOVE Mary did You Know by Pentatonix!
Great post
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I love that version too, Pam. I remember the first time I heard that song. I go on a girlfriend trip the first weekend in December. The town puts on a lot of activities and of course, great shopping and eating. At one church, choir came in and sang that song. I was spellbound. The song is so beautiful. Hugs!

Fiona McGier said...

I have a CD of Celtic holiday music. Most doesn't have words, but there's a version of Auld Lang Syne that always makes me cry. Especially since me faither was from Glesga, and he's been gone nigh on these past 13 years. It's the accent that gets me.

I also love the soundtrack from the Peanuts Christmas special. That jazz piano is great!

Fiona McGier said...

Argh! Not-- doesn't. Don't!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Fiona! I adore Charlie Brown's Christmas. I get teary when I hear Hark, the Herald Angels Sing! Somehow, I manage to sing along. I'll have to checkout Celtic holiday music. Handsome likes it. Hugs!

Liese said...

When I was in college, they posted an announcement that one night they would hold a Christmas carol sing-along at the university chapel. It was PACKED. There was something nostalgic for final-exam-studying students (I think--or maybe a last-ditch prayer effort) to stop and sing Christmas carols for an hour or so.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I love singing Christmas carols, Liese. I mostly sing along in the car now.

Roman Adam said...

Great post!! I like that version and also Good luck!!
handbags online shopping in pakistan

Albert said...

thanks for writing this interesting and informative article about handbags. More Details