Thursday, November 12, 2020

Handbag and Book welcomes author Fiona McGier and her book, The Right Choice, plus she's sharing a favorite handbag #accessories #handbag #newbook



This has been my everyday purse
for the past year. My birthday is in December. Every year one of my sons gives me a gift card to Vera Bradley. I LOVE the bright patterns and the quilted look of her things.  I don't really like leather bags. I prefer something I can machine wash if I need to. I also have a much larger bag that holds folders and other things I need for when I sub in high schools.

I really like my tiny purse because I can remove the longer strap, attach the wrist one, and pop it into my bigger bag when I sub. That way I don't have to remember where I put two things when I'm moving from one classroom to another during the school day. I chose the dark blue color because I liked the style of purse it was, and the other color was black.  Navy goes with everything.


I'm not a very feminine female. I don't own any makeup. I don't wear nylons--ever. I rarely wear dresses. And I don't own any heels. I have gold earrings because I'm too lazy to change them, so I leave them in all of the time. For years I had fanny packs, until they went out of style. I actually saw some fanny packs in the Vera Bradley store last year!  The sales girl said they're becoming trendy again. But I'm happy with my tiny purse--it holds what I need.

Despite its small size, my purse holds my IDs, my car and medical insurance cards, my credit cards, and a plastic holder with a picture of each of my two grandsons. It also has band-aids and safety pins, since you never know when you'll need one. It holds Tums, in case my stomach acts up. And it holds a few bills and some change. I also carry some of my author-business cards, and some of them have a button attached that says, "Reading is sexy." I put my phone into the outside front pocket. I put my keys in my jeans pocket and I'm good to go!  


Veterinarian Pamela Wilson always used to run away from home to get attention from her status-conscious, preoccupied parents.  Years ago she met a man who loved her unreservedly, but her parents didn't approve of his blue-collar job, so she ran away from him too.  When the ambitious lawyer she's marrying answers a phone call while she's walking down the aisle, it's the last straw!  She runs away again, this time to a cabin her parents don't know about, owned by the mechanic.  Does he still own it and is he still single?  Will she finally stop running away and make the right choice for her future?

Who is Fiona McGier? I sub in high schools during the school year.  Otherwise, I'm writing and blogging about my books--and reading.  Not only do I write erotic romance, I love to read it too. I often read while camping with my long-time HEA.  Our four adult kids sometimes join us. Shinrin-yoku is forest bathing in Japanese, and as long as there's no snow on the ground, that's what I'll be doing--as often as possible.

I also enjoy sewing--mostly masks these days-- crocheting afghans to keep my loved ones warm, and baking--cookies, muffins, and especially pies. I'm known for my never-fail pie crust, so I put the recipe on my website under the pies tab, along with some of my family's favorites, that I featured in one of my books that had a heroine who baked lots of pies.

Answer these questions:

Red, White or Blue?  Navy, so I guess blue.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Summer--when camping is the best!

Chocolate pudding, cake, pie?  Pie. I make a great chocolate pudding pie!

Coffee, Tea, Champagne? Ooh, tough one. Coffee in the am, Champagne after 5.

Country music or Michael Buble? Neither. Heavy metal--or blues.

Pencil or Pen? Pen--even when I do my crosswords.

Find The Right Choice at:Books2Read

Find Fiona at: Website

2 comments:

Fiona McGier said...

Hey Vicki, thanks for hosting me! I really like your Handbags and books idea--it's different and fun. I enjoyed answering the questions. Thanks for this fun time!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Thanks for visiting with me, Fiona. My two favorite loves--handbags and books. LOL