Thursday, February 11, 2021

Handbag and Books welcomes author Mary Marvella-Why isn't carrying a wallet and cell phone enough? #amreading #accessories #timetravel

 

This simple, red leather handbag with zippered pockets on both sides is perfect for carrying into the grocery store since it doesn’t take up space in the small carts. (I prefer smaller carts that have a holder for my drink container.) 

I don’t know why carrying my wallet and cell phone isn’t enough. I ordered this lovely purse with Christmas money in late 2019. I used it a few times in 2020 since I have other purses that hold more stuff, (including my security blanket). Who knew I’d need it in 2020. It came in handy when I broke my shoulder. For the first time, I was willing to use a long strap. I don’t usually bother.  


Sometimes one lifetime isn’t enough.

Haunting Refrain incorporates ghosts and two love stories, one in present time and one from 160 years ago.

When Sarah learns that she has ghosts in her attic and lived once before as the wife of William, her next door neighbor and best friend, she knows he’ll think she’s crazy. 

William doesn’t believe in Santa or the tooth fairy, and he really doesn’t believe in romantic love that lasts or ghosts. What will make him believe in a love that lasts two lifetimes? 

More about Mary Marvella: Mary Marvella loved seeing the bookmobile on her street


more that she did hearing the ice cream truck. Her storytelling began when she made up the games she and the neighborhood kids played and supplied the details. About that time, she became a teacher of sorts. A retired teacher, Mary tutors, writes, and edits books. She uses her experience to help writers and folks who would like to be writers.

Answer these questions:

Red, White or Blue? Red

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Summer

Cake or Pie? Cake

Coffee, Tea, or Champagne? Tea, always tea.  No coffee.

Country music or Michael Buble? Michael

Pencil or Pen? Pen

Find Haunting Refrain at: Amazon

Find Mary Marvella at: Website

8 comments:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Welcome, Mary!

Marsha said...

Hey, Vicki. I love the purse, but would prefer in teal rather than red. I'm very picky about purses. I used to insist they be wide enough to hold my billfold/checkbook. (Obviously way back in the day. Who carries a checkbook anymore? LOL) I love a shoulder strap and really want one to cross over my body. Then I'm hands free for shopping. (Not that I do that much anymore.) But I love pockets so everything has it's own place and I don't have to search for what I need. Recently, I downsized to one of those purse phones you see advertised on TV. I did not find it worked very well. I have a larger phone so to take pictures, I had to remove the phone from the purse. Defeats the purpose, I think. But, I have managed to limit what all I carry around. In years past, I've hurt my shoulder carrying heavy bags. It's mostly okay, but I like babying it.
Mary, your story sounds intriguing. Love the cover and the blurb. :) I'll share.

Mary Marvella said...

Thanks Marsha! I love red, but teal is a good color! I keep larger purses in my car with all of my extras! I use the smaller purse a lot these days. This one has room for a smaller purse for change, my checkbook, a pack of Vitamin C drops, allergy spray, tissues, sanitizer, masks, and wipes and my cell phone. I have been known to make it heavy.

I'm glad my book interests you! Have a good Thursday.

Mary Marvella said...

Vicki, thanks for letting me do this and for reminding me! I have a lot on my plate, but that's a good thing!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Marsha! I love having a handbag that has handles and I can attach a crossbody strap if I want. I like having hands for shopping, too.

Art and Fashion by Francoise Lama-Solet said...

I always carry a handbag when I go shopping! I prefer the ones with shoulder strap that I wear across my body when I go shopping. I used to carry it on the shoulder until I had a shoulder injury and my trainer recommended to wear a lighter purse across the body. That's what I do now. I also love the backpack handbags. I used to have some. I never leave my handbag in my shopping cart though, too afraid someone would steal it.
I don't own many handbags, just one for daily stuff, and a beautiful designer leather one designed by my friend Titine A Sy for events or networking.

Mary Marvella said...

Francoise, thanks you for stopping by and commenting. You always look chic! Your designs are amazing! When my purse is in my cart, I have the strap in my hand. A thief would have to take me with him/her.

Unknown said...

I carry a backpack for a purse and if I don't feel like carrying it while shopping I'll clip it into the cart with the buckle that snaps across your chest. That way I don't have to worry about anyone getting away with stealing it! I started using the backpack purse because I have a neck injury that causes pain down into my shoulders and using only one shoulder to carry a regular purse was making it worse so I get that shoulder pain thing!!