Thursday, February 04, 2021

Handbag and Book welcomes author Kryssie Fortune - I Had to Have It and her #newbook Claimed as Theirs


I saw this on-line and had to have it. Even at three, my mother took me to the library and taught me to love stores. The covers of real books are printed on the fabric - some from pre the 1st world war.

A Ripping Girl (The Angela Brazil book bottom right) was first published in 1914. The Youngest Girl in the Fifth is still available on Amazon. The reviews refer to reading it 50 years ago.

The main reason these are special to me goes back to mum. She had one book she treasured until the day she died. The Magic Walking Stick and Arabian Nights by John Buchan. It was first released in 1932 and mum’s was a first edition. The cover had the same faded, much loved look as the ones on my bag. Mum won it for coming top of the class. Since she left school at eleven to earn money for her family, it meant a lot.

Every time I use my book shopper, I think about her.

Anyway, back to my bag. It’s unlined and has no pockets. The straps are the ideal length to hang on my shoulder. The body is fourteen inches wide and fifteen inches deep. The perfect size if I nip out to the shops.

The thing is, I love it too much to use it.



When an imposter seeks to usurp him as the rightful king, Bronte and his triad must go to war against their fellow vampires. But will a human woman prove pivotal in the coming conflict?


More about Kryssie Fortune: Kryssie’s a bibliophile. From an early age, she told people she’d write a book. It took thirty-five years and near-death experience to spur her into action. Thankfully, not only is my heart value fixed, but I’ve written a few books. They were all accepted by publishers. The books have been well-received. Most are naughty and explicit. One reviewer called them downright sensual.

Answer these questions:

Red, White or Blue? Blue. I buy red dresses then never wear them.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Spring – Daffodils, sunny days, and new life.

Cake or Pie? Both? Preferably homemade.

Coffee, Tea, or Champagne? Coffee. I’m an addict.

Country music or Michael Buble? Michael every time. I’m a sucker for his voice.

Pencil or Pen? Pen or whatever comes to hand. Yesterday I made a note in eyebrow pencil. 

Find Claimed as Theirs. at: Amazon

Find Kryssie Fortune at: Website

No comments: