Thursday, January 27, 2022

Handbag and Book welcomes author Sue Pepper - Is your bag fancy? Is it in style? And her newest mystery

About the Handbag:

My handbag isn’t fancy. It’s worn and frayed, and I’m not sure it’s in style anymore. I found it at Target when my oldest son was a baby, and I’ve used it off and on ever since. Recently, I dug it out of the box it had lived in since our last move, because despite its wear and age, it had one undeniable quality I needed:

It’s huge. Big enough to contain the multitudes that are me right now.

It holds my laptop, my pens, my earbuds, my ready-to-be-proofed manuscript, my moleskin notebooks scribbled with plot ideas and reminders on what to check during edits.

It holds a diaper changing kit for my potty training toddler. It holds snacks and fidget toys and iPad chargers and even more snacks. It holds multiple sets of clothes because potty training toddler. It carried soccer cleats during soccer season, and toted our Elf on the Shelf, Snowflake, in secret over Christmas.

It holds a reusable water bottle, coffee cup, and tea cup in an effort to keep myself hydrated. A granola bar and a tube of lip balm. Occasionally I throw my makeup bag in, for the rare occasion I’m doing more than shuttling kids from stop to stop all day.

My handbag may not be fancy, but it fits my life as a stay at home mom and author of not so cozy mysteries for millennials, and for that, I love it.

About the Book:

Things are heating up…

Sadie Moose is enjoying a romantic evening in a snowy moonlit hot spring with her new boyfriend when a dead body floating in the pool interrupts their steamy interlude.

Yes. Another dead body. But she is absolutely not getting involved this time. She has enough to do with a business expansion underway, her new renters, and her new relationship.

Except the chief suspect is the troubled grandson of one of the regulars at her bakery in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. She promises she’ll ask some questions to keep him out of jail. And then her new barista is a neighbor of the deceased, and she’s having a hard time sleeping thinking someone in her tight-knit neighborhood is a murderer. So Sadie asks a few more questions.

Soon, she’s embroiled in the investigation, with danger lurking around every snowy corner. With help from her sexy boyfriend, rowdy bakery crew, a maybe-mob-princess, and her trusty canine companion, Tyrone, Sadie must clear the mist surrounding this mystery, before the killer boils her, too.

About Author Sue Pepper:

Sue Pepper writes cozy mysteries in the Pacific Northwest where she lives with her two kids, fuzzy yellow dog, and real life action hero husband. A former resident of Jackson Hole, WY pushed out by the billionaire-caused housing crisis, she enjoys writing revenge and redemption for the fictional residents of her Jackson Hole Moose's Bakery Not So Cozy Mystery series.

Answer these questions:

Red, White or Blue? Blue! My favorite color.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? I live for fall. My first book, Mountain Town Murder, is a fall book!

Cake or Pie? Always pie, preferably my mother-in-law’s fresh huckleberry, yum.

Coffee, Tea, or Champagne? Coffee in the morning, tea at night, champagne on my birthday!

Country music or Michael Buble? I’d choose silence instead, haha! My fave is Brandi Carlile!

Pencil or Pen? Pen, Pilot G2 0.38 for life!

 

Find Hot Springs Murder at: Amazon

Find Sue Pepper at: Website

2 comments:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Good morning, Sue, and welcome to Handbag and Book.

Sue Pepper said...

Thanks for having me, Vicki!