Monday, February 13, 2017

#MysteryThrillerWeek Ronnie Allen, #author #detective #forensics #MFRWorg #MTW



Mystery Thriller Week continues with Ronnie

 Allen, author of The Sign Behind The Crime

 series. 
  
WHERE DO YOU DO YOUR BEST WRITING? 
There are times I wrote best near a body of water, the beach on the Atlantic Ocean in Brooklyn, and here in Florida, the pool in our development took over from the ocean. I also write on my iPad and when I'm happy with the chapter, I upload it to my master doc on my laptop. Now I'm writing in my office or living room where I'm nice and comfy.  
 
ARE YOU A PLOTTER OR PANTSER?  
I'm definitely a plotter. I find this works best for me because the more I plot, the faster the manuscript flows out of my brain onto the paper. I plotted Aries, my second novel for five months before I started typing and 122k words came onto paper in three months ten days. Yes, I allow my characters to take on a life of their own and a few have given themselves more of a role than I had planned. Because I allow this to happen, I get into deeper pov and achieve more in depth characters.  
 
WHAT DREW YOU INTO WRITING THE GENRE YOU DO?  
I've always loved the crime genre from way back into my screenwriting days from the late '70s. I wrote spec scripts for Wiseguy and Miami Vice. When my agent finally got my scripts to them, the shows were cancelled. I find police work, detectives, FBI agents fascinating. I have consultants that help me with credibility as well as extensive research. 

 
Rookie Detective Samantha Wright and Forensic psychiatrist Dr. Frank Khaos are brought together on the job in an assignment to catch the killers of fashion industry icons in NYC. As they go on a wild ride throughout the city their relationship grows from cold to beyond steamy. 
 
Eyes cemented shut in deep concentration, palms placed upon her midriff, she felt the power she craved being directed straight into her core by Tuesday’s new moon, as if a cord attached the moon to her solar plexus. She interpreted the moon’s personal signal as something she’d better heed. The charts she referred to told her tonight marked the night. Perfect for an Aries to invoke her deepest desires. Nothing else mattered now. 
Opening her eyes, she checked the light-resistant blinds on the window facing Garfield Place, leveling the way they fell on the sill. She pulled them tightly to make sure they shut out any reflections from the streetlights. The last thing she wanted was someone taking a glance in her direction, intruding on her peace. 
She needed to remain low profile now. Everyone had told her that she’d been and would be “low profile” her entire life. She hadn’t realize how important those two words would become. Low profile—low, unsuccessful, pitiful, minuscule, never good enough. From the time she entered school, those words had drilled apart her soul. 
 
 
FIND AUTHOR  Ronnie Allen at: Website
 
FIND Aries AT: Amazon

No comments: