Thursday, June 13, 2019

Book and Bag with #guestauthor Sadira Stone - Not much of a Fashionista? #averagejoe #mfrwauthor

I’m not much of a fashionista, especially when it comes to purses. I bought this one at Macy’s during a summer visit to the U.S. (Until ’14, I worked as a teacher in Germany and could only visit during the summer.) It was the color that drew my eye. Anything on the teal-to-turquoise spectrum makes me happy. Right now, my toenails are painted the same color as this purse. 

I’m hard on purses, so the dye has worn away on the bottom. I like to keep my hands free when I’m out and about, so a cross-body strap is a must. This one has many pockets, perfect for losing my keys and phone. But all the zippers work, so at least the mess stays contained when I toss it into the back seat of my car. 





She hates average...he's as average as they come. 

High school history teacher Doug Garvey is trying to enjoy his last few weeks of summer vacation, but receiving his final divorce decree hits him harder than expected. After a brief fling fizzles, he fears love just isn't in the cards for him. If only he could find someone who's real, someone interested in something beyond herself…maybe a new running partner who can keep up with his more carnal appetite. When sexy, straight-talking Laurel runs across his path, he dares to hope again. 

He's done with social-climbing posers...she's ambitious and has big dreams. 

Fired from an art gallery, Laurel Jepsen shelves her pursuit of an art career in San Francisco to help her beloved great aunt Maxie move into assisted living. While out on a morning run, she's harassed by a group of teens until a tall, broad-shouldered hottie steps in, pretending to be her boyfriend with a kiss that makes her wish it were true. But she's only passing through, not looking for a relationship. 

Their fierce chemistry burns up the sheets—and the couch, the shower, the forest—but falling in love would ruin everything. Laurel can't stay in Eugene, and he can't leave. Doug's only hope is to convince her the glittery life she's after could blind her to the opportunities already in her path. 

More about Sadira Stone: Ever since her first kiss, Sadira’s been spinning steamy tales in her head. After leaving her teaching career in Germany, she finally tried her hand at writing one. Now she’s a happy citizen of Romancelandia, penning contemporary romance and cozy mysteries from her home in Washington State. When not writing, which is seldom, she explores the Pacific Northwest with her charming husband, enjoys the local music scene, belly dances, plays guitar badly, and gobbles all the books. 

Answer these questions:
Red, White or Blue? Blue
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Early Fall, with crisp temperatures, clear skies, and the first golden blush of change on the leaves.
Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? Berry pie, please. Or apple with cheddar cheese.
Coffee, Tea, Champagne? Coffee. Lots of coffee. How does anyone write without it?
Country music or Michael Buble? Sorry, neither. I’m a blues girl.
Pencil or Pen? Colored pens, especially green 

Find Runaway Love Story at: Preorder Amazon
Find Sadira Stone at: Website

8 comments:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Good morning and welcome to HBW. I appreciate you showing off your handbag and book. The cover is so cute!

Sadira Stone said...

Thanks so much, Vicki! Your blog is adorable.

CB Clark said...

Fun Blog! I'm like you, Sadira, I keep a favourite purse for years. Thanks for sharing.

JENNIFER WILCK said...

Nice handbag!

Barbara Bettis said...

Enjoyed hearing about your book, Sadira. Sounds intriguing. I love handbags too, but I tend to wear out a favorite--don't care to change back and forth. And like you, I want pockets and tuck-away spots.

Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

Sadira, I've had many bags where I lost my keys, and one where I could clip them neatly into place. Never used that feature! Loved your mini-interview here, and can't wait to read your book. It sounds cute!

Ilona Fridl said...

Nice looking handbag! I love the color. Best on your book!

Sadira Stone said...

Thanks so much for hosting me, Vicki! Sorry so slow to respond--Hubs and I were in the process of moving from Tacoma to Las Vegas, and we've just landed! Man, it's hot here. Thanks again for this chance to meet your readers.