Thursday, August 01, 2019

Blog: House of Dior Exhibit and #newbook #boymeetsgirl #lazydaysreading #MFRWauthor


Dior. The fashion. The dresses. The ooh-la-la. 

Not long ago, I went to the exhibit at our acclaimed art museum. In college I studied Clothing & Textiles. We studied the designers too. Dior was known for the fuller shape of his dresses which came after WW2. The wartime restrictions had been lifted and called for a new silhouette, a "new look."

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing photos from the exhibit. I hope you enjoy all the exquisiteness. 

The exhibit dramatically opened with the black dresses on the red state.














Isn't this gold poofy dress a beauty?



I love the striped skirt, the fabric of the red in the back, and the texture of the white one.

  The pearls draping down the back is so breath-taking. 
 I would wear it.



 Where all designs begin-muslin.
 Again, marvelous red.


Another marvelous creation: Sommerville days. Days of lazy swinging in a hammock with a good book and a favorite drink. Find your indulgence at: Amazon & KU




No comments: